Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jacksoul

I read about Haydain Neale (lead singer of Jacksoul) passing away yesterday from lung cancer. He was only 39 and left behind a wife and child.

I'm not normally a person to grieve the passing of an entertainer I never met, no matter how talented they are. But as I listen to his music while I type this, I grieve. His music has been the sound track to many moments in my life - my refuse through bad relationships, my strength when I was weak, my joy when filled with happiness.

I only saw them perform live once - at a jazz festival in 2006, just after my oldest was born. My husband, new son and I went to the park so we could hear them perform. When I close my eyes and bring the day/evening back to my mind, my body is filled with a light, a warmth of love. In those moments dancing with my son and husband, we were pure love and Haydain's voice provided the soundtrack to yet another special moment in my life. I will cherish that memory always.

No comments: