Sunday, May 10, 2009

Behind on on-line relationships

I don't visit many places on line - a Mom's website, facebook and a few blogs. After being sick, I was working extra hours in the evenings last week and then we went away on the weekend so I have lost touch with all my on line peeps. I'm sure they all understand how life is and I am not worried that they will shun me when I finally have time to reconnect.

It is more than my on line peeps - it is my friends IRL as well.

I love this work I am doing, but it is so hard to shut off and maintain balance (because I love it so much). In the evenings I find myself watching the clock to see how much longer it is before start bed time routine with the boys so that I can log back into work and do some sims. The other job was so soul killing that I had no problem shutting off at night, but had a problem getting through the day.

There must be a happy medium somewhere. There has to be a job that I enjoy doing, but is not so all consuming that I feel like I'm missing out on being with my family when I am phyically with them, but mentally debugging some code I wrote near day's end.

No comments: