Monday, May 18, 2009

Not liking post baby PMS

Before I had my first child, I was one of the lucky women with little to no PMS issues - no bloating, no mood swings, no cramping. Then after my first, I noticed that I seemed to have some cramping and was a little more moody. Now after 2 and with the help of an IUD, I am like something out of a joke about women with PMS. I find it hard to believe that just having children has caused this - it likely is also a result of the chronic fatigue associated with 2 toddlers running around, the extreme change in my exercise - from 10+ hours a week with a focus on being competitive in my sport to barely getting 3 x 20 mins walks a week, the stress of responsibility and then the change in hormones.

Today was one of those PMS days - I'm so fat (I can't believe it is just bloating) that I am wearing pants that were loose at 5 months PG that are tight today, I'm angry at Phil that he did not limit the video call with his parents to about 15 mins, rather it turned into 40 mins ruining my unspoken plan of walking with the boys to go shopping (really, the boys are the star of the video call and it would have been petty to suggest Phil do the call then take the boys away during the call), angry that my computer seems to have some stupid virus, angry that I'm so very tired, angry that the weather has turned and most of all angry that I can't think my way through this!!!!

After my shower, I looked at myself in the mirror and almost just locked the door and stayed in the bathroom all day.

I just want to be normal again. I want to exercise again and I'm frustrated that for whatever reason I have not chosen to prioritize it in my life.

ARGH -PMS SUCKS!!!!

No comments: