As I was riding home, I was trying to write a blog post in my head. I could not decide what to write about since there seemed to be so many potential topics:
- how hard the ride to childcare was this AM - a strong headwind, slight uphill, cool air temp (about 1 degree). A friend of mine often refers to the stong headwinds we always have as a Saskatchewan hill. On the way there, I was hard pressed to keep at 13 km/hr. On the way home, I was easily riding at 23 km/hr.
- how hard it was to leave the boys this AM - Alex had a meltdown over something, I'm not sure what, in the driveway at childcare. It made me feel terrible to leave him while he was angry and having a fit. When he does it a home, I don't interfere, let him have his fit and then cuddle him when he is done. But to actually leave him somewhere else and miss the calming down and cuddle bothered me. I hope it does not leave him feeling like it is not ok to be angry and to express his anger. I hope it does not make him fearful that I will leave because of his moods. This of course re-launched the whole debate in my head of should I be working or be SAHM for a while.
- how I wish the traffic lights that work on sensors had bike sensors. With out the bike carrier on the back, it was manageable to get onto the curb and push the walk button. With a bike carrier, it is not possible at most corners.
- the city is doing street cleaning in our neighborhood and had no-parking signs with the indication cars would be towed. Well they actually were towing cars this morning. I wondered what it would be like to come out and your car be gone - would you suspect the city actually did tow the car or would you wonder if it had been stolen.
In the end I could not choose so I did not explore any one topic fully and now it is time to work.
Broccoli and Cheddar-less soup!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment