Tuesday, June 16, 2009

They have built a good testbench

I surprized at how demoralized David and Rob looked yesterday. They are in the part of the project that is tough for verifiers and there is a strong design personality who is a bit of an arse. They have been made to feel that their work is not good enough when in fact, it is very good.

They have built a really good, modular testbench that allows them to bring on contractors with language experience who can become productive within 10 days. That is huge. The main problem is the fact that there is one testbench and it is still evolving. So test keep breaking and there is churn. I wish they had gone with our recommendation to have modular testbenchs, but it is what it is.

So now I should be working to create a list of things I know I have not done - I will, but I wanted to read the paper and drink my coffee in peace first.

No comments: