Last night I had supper with a woman who I was friends with in grade school. The last time we saw each other was the end of grade 8, so what, when we were 14? A full 30 years later we had supper and spent the evening chatting. It was an odd evening, but good. I am a person who lives where they are and I test the strength of a friendship not so much by how much we keep in touch, but on the type of conversation we have when we are face to face after a long period. It turns out she was a good friend. The years melted away and while there was some catch up talking, there was talking about how we were feeling now, what our current struggles are, what our fundamental beliefs are and how they have evolved. It was a conversation that was not just "do you remember when..."
I would love to take a page out of her book and modify it slightly. Every 6 months she re-invents herself (too complicated to explain in a few words in my blog). I will have to think about it a bit.
But today, this week, will be lots of work and I am a little anxious about this morning - meeting the xtremeEDA guys, handing over my work. It will be fine, but I just need it to get started.
Broccoli and Cheddar-less soup!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment