Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the black around the edges

Interesting. I have missed my last 2 runs and with the way the city has done some recent snow clearing, I will likely miss my run today. Now around the edges of my mind is a darkness that I feel like I'm pushing back. The closest description is when you stare at something so long that it starts to lose focus and then your vision starts to get smaller with an increasing black edge. Could my grip on sanity be so slim right now that missing 3 runs is all it would take to be back in a spot I don't want to be?

Home show weekend, and starting tonight Phil will be busy and i will be a work widow until Monday. He went out last night after the boys went to bed to have a few drinks for St Patricks day. I'm glad he went out even though I did not do anything productive with the time alone.

Now that I am settled on next Friday being my last day, it is tough to be motivated at work. I've started to tell people outside my direct chain of command, not sure if that fits the culture of secrecy and information being power, but meh.

Right, off to fold the boys clothes and start getting ready for the day.

No comments: