It is time for bed after a long day, well honestly a late night on Sunday. We went to the Eagles concert and did not get to bed until after 12:30. Phil went to Regina today and was up at 4:30. I had just enough sleep by that point to not be able to get back to sleep, so I was up as well. Now it is 9:30 and I'm tired and soon to go to bed (Phil is already in bed).
I have decided that I'm quitting my job sooner rather than later. I knew I would not last long but I wondered what the trigger would be. Two things really:
- attending a mgt meeting while my boss was gone let me see just how dysfunctional and divided our management team really is
- the almost call that would have completely undermined my role as PM and discounted the value of our procurement team. While I was able to stop the call, I found out by accident and now believe that the same sort of thing will happen again.
Working with Rob again would be interesting, but I'm curious about Doug's opportunity and potential with Vecima. If nothing happens with Rob in the next 2 weeks, then I will probably stick it out to end March while I am looking elsewhere.
I so dislike the job and realize that while it serve a purpose in getting me out of the PPD space, it is not somewhere I can linger. My boss will not take this too well, but I can't let myself stay and be brought down just because I like and respect her.
Broccoli and Cheddar-less soup!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment