This is homeshow weekend and I have been on single parent duty since Wednesday night. It has not been too bad except for 2 things:
1) my eczema on my hand that had almost cleared up is quite sore with the double bath duties and extra handwashings from more diaper changes
2) laundry did not get done and I have no clothes for tomorrow.
The boys are napping and there is about 30 mins left in my quiet time. I thought I would have a quick coffee and then start getting supper prepared. Opps, just heard a thud - means Adam will be up sooner than I expected.
What I wanted to say was how much my parenting book reading has helped. There were few points this weekend when the boys were on my last nerve. I decided to view their behaviour as childhood exploring rather than defiance. Instead of fuming and being angry, I made myself laugh, gave them a hug and told them I love them. It was amazing how the energy in the situation changed. So 3/4 of a weekend and no tantrums, and lots and lots of laughter, kisses and hugs.
Broccoli and Cheddar-less soup!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment