Thursday, April 16, 2009

Last Day in Toronto

Last full day in Toronto. It should be a good day - lots of thinking about how to effectively implement a way to model the effects of the channel onto the data being input to the DUT. I know, a bit nerdy, but it is exciting to me.

Talking to the boys last night was tough, and not just the technical problems with congested networks. Alex seemed upset at being able to see me on the computer, hear my voice, but not be able to touch me. Adam took it a little better, but it seemed like his emotions were close to the surface. I know that when I see them on Friday, there will be crying. Their emotions will overwhelm them and they likely won't be able to handle them. I am preparing that they will be angry and standoffish, but I am hoping for the endless cuddles that sometimes accompany high emotions.

While I am looking forward to seeing the boys and Phil, I will miss the morning runs that I have been able to do the last couple of days. Next week, I will have to make sure that I start my morning workouts after I drop the boys off - go for 30 mins on MWF and try yoga on T & Th. It does make a difference to my mental health and my productivity. Maybe this "start again" will take. If I can get to the 4 week point (2 more weeks) then I will feel like I'm on track.

No comments: