Something inside me snapped a little last night when I surveyed the mess that was my kitchen. DH is at school for 8 weeks for trades training, so now he is home most days around 3:30 or 4, which means he is willing to make supper again (yeah). But when I looked at the kitchen, I was not so sure how helpful it really had been. We had pasta with meat sauce. He had also stewed up some fruit that I had bought for stewing. The result was a full dishwasher and 5 pots (and other stuff) to handwash, sauce stains on the counter, cooked fruit to put away, and lots of general cleaning up (since he does not seem to be able to put away the stuff he uses).
I was grateful that he wanted to help and know that the transition to him taking over supper prep will be rocky, but something snapped and I became blue.
Then last night, Alex and Adam tag teamed waking every 90 mins, each time needing a diaper change and a cuddle (I think they both have spring colds). DH slept through it all.
This morning, my house looks like a windstorm has swept through it and yet I still have to put in a full day's work on my contract job since I'm falling a little behind on deliverables.
I hate how the feeling of being overwhelmed comes upon me with the abruptness of turning off a light - no gradual build up, no chance to mitigate, just boom.
It is Adam's last day at gymnastics and I forgot to mention it to Anita. I really don't want to go, but I am sure the guilt I would feel would not be worth missing it. I had better call her.
Broccoli and Cheddar-less soup!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment