Yesterday I heard on the radio that the Sk government intends to break it's campaign promise on environmental legislation and will align with the useless policies being proposed by the federal conservatives. There reasoning is that we can't afford to be aggressive with environmental policies with the current economic situation.
Today, they announced that utility rates would be going up for the next decade to pay for new infrastructure building. Something about we needed to realize we could not burn cheap coal forever.
I'm dumbfounded.
How do they not understand that the current economic situation is nothing compared to what will happen when we start seeing larger and larger diasters as a result of the climate change that is upon us? Is it because we have not suffered like other parts of Canada and the world have that they are so blind to what is happening?
I seriously want to go off grid now. I don't want to pay an increasing amount to support an energy system that is not commited to making changes that will reduce the total amount of greenhouse gases being emitted!
Broccoli and Cheddar-less soup!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment